Did the Inspector General Detect Fraud in Barack Obama’s Social Security Number ?
Did the Inspector General Detect Fraud?
©Linda Jordan March 16, 21012
I was determined to find out if my “employee” was eligible to work in the United States. On August 17, 2011, the Social Security Number that Barack Obama uses, 042-68-xxxx, was imputed into the government run E-Verify System. This program allows employers to determine if their potential hires or employees are legal to work in the United States by validating their social security number (SSN), name, and birth date.
When Obama’s SSN was entered into the E-Verify System, the government returned the statement “Notice of Mismatch: SSA record does not verify, Other reason. SSA found a discrepancy in the record.”
Obama’s SSN FAILED the E-Verify check!
This specific reason means that Obama’s SSN was flagged with a Special Indicator Code (SIC) by the Social Security Administration (SSA) or the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) . 1
There are 9 Special Indicator Codes:
1. False Identity
2. Noncitizen Not in Status
3. Multiple SSNs with Different Identities
4. Scrambled Earnings with New SSN Assigned
5. SSN Obtained Using Fraudulent Documentation
6. SSN Assignment Based on Harassment /Abuse/Life Endangerment
7. Fictitious Identity
8. Fraud-OIG Investigated
9. Fraud SSN Misuse
It is believed that the SSN that Obama is using was flagged with Special Indicator Code #8, Fraud OIG Investigated based on the following research of government documents.
The Inspector General’s Report, August 26, 2009, 2 “Effectiveness of Special Indicator Codes on the Social Security Administration’s Numident File, ( A-08-09-19099) ,” states:
“SSA added two codes in 2007 in response to the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004, which required that the Agency add death and fraud indicators to its SSN verification systems for employers, State agencies issuing driver’s licenses and identity cards, and other verification routines that the Commissioner of Social Security determines to be appropriate.
During the replacement SSN card application process, automated systems alert SSA field office personnel to the presence of Special Indicator codes on the Numident. SSA has similar alerts when issuing SSN printouts. In addition, SSA uses Special Indicator codes 8 and 9 in its SSN verification systems, which return a non-verified response to employers and other third parties.”
Page C-2 of the Report reads:
SSA “Processed 25 SSN’s with Special Indicator Code 8 on the Numident and 25 SSN’s with Special Indicator Code 9 through SSA’s Enumeration Verification System to determine whether the System generated the proper response (that is, SSN does not verify-other reason).”
Remember that was the very reason the government failed Obama’s SSN. Therefore, it appears that SIC 8 and 9 are directly tied to “SSN does not verify-other reason”.
An earlier report from the Office of the Inspector General provides additional information. “Social Security Administration Social Security Number Misuse for Work and the Impact on the Social Security Administration’s Master Earnings File, September 2008, (A-03-07-27152) Audit Report Page 8: Special Fraud Indicators:“
In March 2007, SSA established two new fraud indicators that can be placed on the Numident record if it has been determined an SSN has been obtained fraudulently or if a [Number Holder] has been a victim of SSN misuse and disadvantaged. (17)
The placement of these two indicators will block the issuance of replacement SSN cards and prevent the SSN from being verified by the Agency’s verification programs.
The fraud indicators will result in a “no match” if an employer tries to verify the name and SSN combination using either E-Verify (formerly the Basic Pilot) or SSA’s Social Security Number Verification Service (SSNVS). Moreover, the assignment of fraud indicator 9 allows the issuance of a new (different) SSN to victims of SSN misuse if they meet specific criteria. ” (18) _________
(17) Special indicator 8 identifies an SSN that was determined to have been assigned based on fraudulent documents or no documents and is only based on an Office of Inspector General (OIG) investigation.
Special indicator 9 identifies an SSN that was originally assigned to an individual when SSA assigns a new (different) SSN because of SSN misuse and disadvantage.)
(18) For example, the individual must provide proof of age, citizenship and identity. Further, they must provide evidence that they are being disadvantaged.
These two reports from the OIG affirm when employers run a verification check on a SSN with E-Verify, and that number gets flagged with a Special Indicator Code, the two SIC codes are the numbers 8 and 9.
SIC#8 appears to be assigned by the OIG only after the indication of fraud is so strong that they choose to investigate and conclude that the SSN number is fraudulent. (They also have the option not to investigate).
SIC#9 is reserved for people who meet the requirement for getting a new SSN because of “misuse and disadvantage”. If they meet the requirement, SIC#9 is automatically assigned to the allegedly misused SSN. (RM 10205.185 ‘Coding and Certifying an Application for an SSN Card’).
If Obama was issued a new SSN based on SIC #9, it was given to him after submitting his 2009 IRS Tax Return that showed he used SSN 042-68-xxxx. When Obama’s tax return was placed on the WH government website for public viewing, the SSN was accidentally revealed. After discovering their error, the WH redacted the SSN, but not before people downloaded the information.
For Obama to be granted a new SSN based on SIC #9, “misuse and disadvantage,” he needed to prove his case sometime between April, 2010 [date of tax return] and August, 2011 when his SSN was entered into E-Verify. This scenario is not very likely.
How difficult would it be for Barack Obama to obtain a new social security number? The following information from “Protect My ID” describes the process.
“Although SSA does not routinely assign new numbers, they will do so when a victim requests a new SSN and provides evidence that he/she has tried to resolve the problems brought on by identity theft but continues to be disadvantaged by the SSN misuse. Disadvantaged by misuse of the SSN means that the misuse has caused you financial or personal hardship within the past year.
The following information comes directly from the SSA. It shows the strict standards one must meet for consideration as a candidate for a new SSN.
Examples of disadvantage by misuse of the SSN:
- Past SSN misuse causes a recent application for a home mortgage to be denied.
- The IRS questions a tax return because of unreported earnings, a result of someone using another individual’s SSN to work.
- An individual’s SSN was misused to obtain credit several years ago, but documented attempts to correct his/her credit record have been unsuccessful.
- Past SSN misuse causes an individual to be arrested whenever he/she is stopped for a traffic violation.
Examples that are not disadvantage by misuse of the SSN:
- An individual’s SSN was misused to obtain credit 2 years ago. The credit bureau corrected the credit report and/or added a cautionary statement to contact the victim first. The victim’s SSN has not been used subsequently, nor has the victim been denied credit.
- An individual who has been a victim of identity theft in the past, and has had fraud alerts placed on his/her credit record, has to wait while a store employee verifies his/her credit card with a bank before processing the transaction.
- A credit card holder, who has had identity theft problems in the past and opened new credit, receives a call from the credit company to verify that he/she charged a large purchase recently.”
What Must Barack Obama Do to Apply for a New SSN Number?
- Complete an application for a Social Security card: Form SS-5
- Show documents proving U.S. citizenship (or immigration status and work eligibility) and identity.
- Show evidence to support his need for a new SSN.
- Take the completed application and documents to a local Social Security office. All documents must be either originals or copies certified by the issuing agency. They cannot accept photocopies or notarized copies of documents.
It is my opinion, based on the government information provided above, that the SSN Obama was using on August 17, 2011 was flagged with Special Indicator Code #8 because the Office of the Inspector General had investigated the SSN in question for fraud. It appears they found the indicators of fraud more than credible, and based on their investigation they assigned SIC #8 to the SSN that Obama used.
An independent investigation and review of the Social Security Application (Form SS-5) that accompanied the issuance of the original Social Security Number, 042-68-xxxx, as well as records from both the Social Security Administration, and Office of Inspector General concerning the SSN in question could verify and prove my research.
- What Does the Inspector General Know about Obama’s SSN? (wtpotus.wordpress.com)
- OB – SSN 042 – The Plot Thickens (contrafighter.wordpress.com)
- Rep. Posey Spokesman: Media Ridicule Stopping Us From Addressing Obama’s Identity Fraud (theobamahustle.wordpress.com)
Written by The Obama Hustle
March 16, 2012 at 10:00 pm
Posted in 2012 Politics, 2012 Presidential Election, barack obama, chicago, michelle obama, Obama Family, obama fraud, obama's taxes, politics, Presidential Election, soacial security number, U.S. Congress, U.S. Government, U.S. Senate
Subscribe to comments with RSS.