Obama’s Illegal Alien Uncle Surrenders License: Allowed to Stay Here and Illegally Work
|Photo by Ted Fitzgerald|
Onyango Obama — the president’s illegal alien half uncle — admitted to sufficient facts today in his drunken driving bust and his case is being continued without a finding for one year — but he must surrender his license.Obama had been waging an aggressive legal battle against Framingham cops ever since he was pulled over Aug. 24 for driving erratically and blowing 0.14 on a Breathalyzer. But his attorney today said it was time to move on.
“After a thorough review, we felt it was in his interests to end the matter without any further proceedings. He’s glad to have this behind him,” said Obama’s attorney P. Scott Bratton.
The attorney added that Obama wants to “get on with his life” and to “get on with his normal quiet existence in society.”
As for Obama’s illegal alien status, his attorney added the deportation proceedings were due to his failure to “renew immigration paperwork.” Bratton said he expects that to be resolved, but he did not elaborate.
When he was arrested by Framingham police, he suggested his first call should be to the White House. A spokesman for the president told the Herald that call was never made. He actually called his boss at Conti’s Liquors.
Obama, who has been living illegally in the United States for nearly 20 years, has returned to work at Conti Liquors in Framingham.
Middlesex District Attorney Gerard T. Leone, Jr. said Obama has accepted responsibility for the “essence” of the charges.
“By admitting to sufficient facts today to operating under the influence and failure to yield at an intersection, the defendant has admitted responsibility for the essence of the crime he committed and has now been held accountable for his actions,” Leone said.
The DA added Obama almost crashed into a Framingham police cruiser the night of the arrest. Once pulled over, the DA said Obama’s speech was slurred, “his eyes were red and glassy and there was an odor of alcohol coming from inside the motor vehicle.” Obama then failed several field sobriety tests and his blood alcohol was almost twice over the legal limit.
Obama was also put on probation for one year.
- President Obama’s uncle, facing charges of drunken driving, to appear in Framingham District Court today (boston.com)
- Obama’s Uncle Back In Framingham Court On Drunk Driving Charge (boston.cbslocal.com)
- Lawyer For Obama’s Uncle Gets Framingham Officer’s Driving Record (boston.cbslocal.com)
- Lawyer for Obama’s uncle questions cop’s driving (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Romney says Obama’s illegal-immigrant uncle should be deported (thehill.com)
- Onyango Obama gets Framingham police officer’s driving history as he challenges drunken driving arrest (boston.com)
- Obama’s Uncle Wants Framingham Police Officer’s Driving Record (boston.cbslocal.com)
- Obama uncle seeks police officer’s driving record (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Lawyer for Obama’s uncle questions cop’s driving record in drunken driving case (foxnews.com)
- Obama Creates Hotline to Help Detained Illegal Aliens (dakotavoice.com)
- Job fair held for illegal aliens (including those with criminal record) (antiwhiteracism.wordpress.com)
- Lawyer for Obama’s uncle questions cop’s driving (mysanantonio.com)
- Obama uncle seeks police officer’s driving record (seattletimes.nwsource.com)